Backun Artist Cocobolo Clarinet w/Silver Plated keys
Reinventing the Clarinet One Piece at a Time
For a clarinet to play as an extension of your soul, each piece of wood must be painstakingly selected, each tonehole masterfully crafted, each key evenly balanced and each pad perfectly sealed, all in pursuit of this: The Backun Clarinet.
- Exceptionally aged, highly figured Cocobolo Wood
- Completely redesigned F to F# connection for simultaneous actuation
- Ergonomically sculpted register key for lightning fast movement
- Special silencing materials to reduce mechanical noise and increase responsiveness
- Left hand lever keys fit with micro screw adjustments to eliminate lost motion
- Left hand post anchor for rock-solid alignment
- Low E reinforced hinge rod support with second crowsfoot on the Low E/F for maximum stability
- Raised and custom tapered tonehole on the Low E to improve tuning and voicing
- Unsurpassed out-of-the-box performance with the highest level of finishing work
- Individual Coil Springs embedded in the body to create a consistent and balanced action when articulating the upper trill keys
- BMS Modular Posting System designed to make key fitting and refitting precise and effortless (Patent Pending)
- Combination carbon fiber and titanium upper and lower joints for an uncompromising fit and seal (Patent Pending)
- Revolutionary trill key design with enlarged finger buttons and an independent guide system to maintain superior alignment
- Unique thumb rest that is fully adjustable by the player -- aiding in correct hand positioning, comfort and stability
- Precision keywork fit on a unique proprietary posting system manufactured in-house -- for long-term reliability and true touch sensitivity
- Backun Acoustical Design with selected matching upper and lower joints for amazing tuning and voicing
- Silver Plated keys and mouthpiece
- Includes 2 Backun Fatboy Barrels, 1 Backun Traditional Bell and Custom Case (mouthpiece not included)
Also available (special order only): Yellow Gold or Rose Gold plating option on mouthpieces and keys
Check out the Backun Musical Company History Story.
Note: Some images on the site may not match actual instrument finish specifications
By Brad B.
on August 20, 2015
I've owned several top-of-the-line clarinets, including Buffets, LeBlancs, and Selmers. None was as satisfying to play as my new Backun Artist b flat instrument. It's dark, carries a full range of overtones, fills the room, and provides near-perfect intonation. The keyword is effortless and responsive, unlike any of my previous instruments. I can best sum up its playability by saying it gets out of the way of the production of music.
Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 reviews)